Does Your Chimney Need Repairs? Let the Experts at Clean Sweep of Anne Arundel Help You!
Has your chimney been damaged by water, fire, or just normal wear and tear from use or lack of use? When these parts fail, it’s important that you call a respected company to make the necessary chimney repairs before your next fire or lighting of the furnace. Having a blaze that can reach upwards of 2000 degrees in a damaged or poorly functioning chimney can be incredibly dangerous to you, your family and your home.
Have a Common Chimney Repair Issue? We Can Help
- Leaking chimneys & water-repellent measures: We spend a lot of time with customers discussing what can be done about waterproofing their chimney system. Our experts can evaluate the system’s ability to keep water out of the chimney and apply a professional water-repellent for added protection.
- Chimney Flue Liner Repair: Another common repair comes when we find deteriorating flue tiles or mortar joints in a ceramic flue or rusted out places in a metal flue. This means it’s time for a new or restored flue liner. The good news is there are options.
Clean Sweep inspected our chimney in 2010 and found multiple issues – most important of which was a cracked flue and told us if we didn’t fix it, then we couldn’t use the fireplace due to risk of fire. We chose to not repair at the time, however, I called Chuck a couple of weeks ago and told him we wanted to repair it now and could he come out and perform another inspection. He pulled up my paperwork and since we hadn’t used it since 2010, then nothing would have changed and he would honor the estimate he gave me 7 years ago!! Not only that, but since we did perform some external repairs in 2010, those were covered under the 10-year warranty so they touched up some of those while they were here for free!! If you’re still reading, then read no more!! Contact Clean Sweep today and put your mind at ease knowing your family is safe and that you are dealing with a top-notch company!!
Need a Repair or Replace Something? Contact Us!
- Chimney Crown: The crown can take quite a beating from Mother Nature, rendering it ineffective. In other words, if the mortar crown on your chimney is loose, crumbling, or severely deteriorated, have it professionally repaired as soon as possible!
- Masonry Repairs: Repointing or tuck pointing is required when the mortar joints in the masonry are disintegrating or cracked. Water damage and/or settling are typically to blame for this cracking and crumbling — that’s why we recommend water proofing the newly repointed joints.
- Chimney Flashing: The purpose of the flashing of your chimney is to waterproof the junctures where they penetrate the roof. You can trust our flashing repair system designed to stop leaks in faulty or deteriorated flashing.
Their guys were absolutely phenomenal. Their attention to detail and their willingness to work in snow, sleet, and rain to get the job right were most impressive.