Does Your Chimney Need Repairs?
Spring and summer are the ideal times to get them done!
Has your chimney been damaged by water, fire, normal wear and tear, or disuse? When chimney parts fail, it’s important that you call a respected company to make the necessary repairs before lighting your next fire or using the furnace. Having a blaze that can reach upwards of 2,000 degrees in a damaged or poorly functioning chimney can be incredibly dangerous to you, your family, and your home.
Spring and summer are the BEST times to have repairs done, big or small. Why?
In the fall and winter, chimney technicians tend to get really busy, which means we don’t always have the time to get repairs done as quickly. Scheduling now means we can put all of our energy into the project at hand, and we will be sure to get the job done in a timely manner.
Not only are techs more available, the weather is better! Outdoor repairs are much easier when the weather is good and if we’re doing indoor repairs, you have the option to relax outside while we work. What could be better?
Their guys were absolutely phenomenal. Their attention to detail and their willingness to work in snow, sleet, and rain to get the job right were most impressive.
Need a Repair or Replacement?
- Chimney Crown: The crown can take quite a beating from Mother Nature, rendering it ineffective. In other words, if the mortar crown on your chimney is loose, crumbling, or severely deteriorated, have it professionally repaired as soon as possible!
- Masonry Repairs: Repointing or tuck pointing is required when the mortar joints in the masonry are disintegrating or cracked. Water damage and/or settling are typically to blame for this cracking and crumbling — that’s why we recommend water proofing the newly repointed joints.
- Chimney Flashing: The purpose of your chimney’s flashing is to protect the junctures where it is weakest to water damage. You can trust our flashing repair system designed to stop leaks in faulty or deteriorated flashing.
Have a Common Chimney Repair Issue? We Can Help
- Leaking chimneys & water-repellent measures: We spend a lot of time with customers discussing what can be done about waterproofing their chimney system. Our experts can evaluate the system’s ability to keep water out of the chimney and apply a professional water-repellent for added protection.
- Chimney Flue Liner Repair: Another common repair we find are deteriorating flue tiles or mortar joints in a ceramic flue or rusted metal components. These damages mean it’s time for a new or restored flue liner. The good news is there are options.
Clean Sweep inspected our chimney in 2010 and found multiple issues – most important of which was a cracked flue and told us if we didn’t fix it, then we couldn’t use the fireplace due to risk of fire. We chose to not repair at the time, however, I called Chuck a couple of weeks ago and told him we wanted to repair it now and could he come out and perform another inspection. He pulled up my paperwork and since we hadn’t used it since 2010, then nothing would have changed and he would honor the estimate he gave me 7 years ago!! Not only that, but since we did perform some external repairs in 2010, those were covered under the 10-year warranty so they touched up some of those while they were here for free!! If you’re still reading, then read no more!! Contact Clean Sweep today and put your mind at ease knowing your family is safe and that you are dealing with a top-notch company!!