As temperatures start to drop in the next few months, we know homeowners all throughout the area are going to want to start up their gas furnaces and fireplaces. And we don’t blame them! Fall weather is perfect for cozying up to a warm fire, and a great-looking fireplace adds the perfect aesthetic to any holiday gathering as well as a cozy heated home.

That being said, you want to make sure your appliance is ready to go before turning anything on. Your system may be clogged or have some built up residue that needs to be addressed. Along with that, your CSIA certified technician may notice that some of your chimney parts need to be replaced, and/or fixed before anything is put to use. All of these issues lead to some potentially dangerous situations for your home and family, one of which includes exposure to carbon monoxide.

Call Clean Sweep of Anne Arundel County now to schedule your inspection before the busy fall season hits and our books get swamped. Our CSIA certified staff can set you up right! Then, read below to learn more about how carbon monoxide can affect you.

What Is Carbon Monoxide?

For those that don’t know a lot about this harmful gas, carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless, and highly toxic. Your gas heating appliances whether it is a furnace or gas fireplace can produce this substance in heightened amounts, should things not be properly installed or maintained. Since carbon monoxide is so hard to notice, slacking on annual repairs and inspections is not something you want to do. Lower your risk – ensure your home and family stays safer all winter long by giving us a call today!

Dangers Of Carbon Monoxide

So, how exactly does carbon monoxide harm us? It leads to many hospital visits as homeowners and their families start to feel ill, and sometimes carbon monoxide can even be fatal when not addressed right away. It’s something to take seriously and symptoms (such as fatigue, dizziness, nausea, headaches, and trouble breathing) should never be ignored.

How Can I Prevent It?

Having carbon monoxide detectors installed in your home is an excellent place to start. This is a surefire way to stay informed as to whether or not your home is at risk. Ask a professional to correctly install them and be sure to check the batteries on a regular basis. That way, you can rest easy knowing they are working well and ready to warn you of the first sign of trouble.

Then, schedule an appointment yearly with us today! Regular yearly maintenance and annual inspections are vital in ensuring your system is functioning correctly. Improper installation, damages, and systems that haven’t been properly swept all contribute to a higher percentage of carbon monoxide within your home. Call us right away, and we’ll make sure your chimney and gas fireplace or gas furnace are performing as they should.

Thanks for choosing us!