Maintenance is the Solution to Your Gas Fireplace Problems
Protect your home from gas leaks and fires with an efficient and safe fireplace.
From installation services to annual inspections to repair work and beyond, it is imperative that a qualified technician is handling all of the maintenance associated with your gas appliance. Even the most knowledgeable do-it-yourselfer can easily make a small mistake that winds up costing them hundreds in damages. Along with this, a faulty setup can lead to some dangerous scenarios for any family members within the home, including fires and gas leaks.
If you ask us, it’s not worth taking any chances. Why not give yourself the peace of mind you deserve and rely on us from the start?
How does annual maintenance make sure my gas appliance is safe for use?
Gas is certainly safe or it wouldn’t be used in so many homes. The secret to gas being safe is making sure that:
- the appliance is installed properly and operated correctly
- the venting system is maintained
- the actual burner unit is maintained
How Often Should a Gas Fireplace be Swept?
Any gas fireplace, whether it is a gas insert, a gas stove, or a fireplace with gas logs, requires annual service. While gas fireplaces certainly don’t produce the soot and creosote that wood burning fireplaces do, they still require technical servicing and debris removal. Scheudling annual maintenance will take care of both of these issues.
Do You Have to Service a Gas Fireplace?
Gas fireplaces are fueled by natural or propane (LP) gas. All gas fireplaces need annual service for correct, efficient, and safe operation. Annual service is important because it allows the unit to be properly cleaned, tested, and checked for anything that could reduce appliance safety or efficiency. Valves, connections, thermocouples and thermopiles, and the venting system need to be checked for wear and suitability for use.
For Gas Fireplace Service You Can Count On, Call On Clean Sweep of Anne Arundel County
Why use Clean Sweeps of Anne Arundel County?
- We can service, repair and replace your vented gas logs as well as gas fireplace inserts!
- Gas appliances can release dangerous gases such as carbon monoxide, so trusting the technician who is repairing gas logs or gas inserts is vital.
- We have an NFI Gas Certified technician professional who will perform these services for you.
We have the training to clean the unit, as well as check for any necessary repairs. Should we find a problem that needs our attention, we would be happy to address it in a timely and efficient manner. When you work with us, your safety always comes first!
Our technicians are CSIA certified and our owner, Chuck Roydhouse, is a CSIA certified Master Chimney Sweep, as well. We also hold gas certifications with the NFI, and we are members of the NCSG. When it comes to training and qualifications, we do not skimp!
Book Gas Appliance Maintenance
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU CALL:
When you call we will have a couple questions for you.
- What is the appliance needing inspection? Is it a furnace, wood stove, or gas fireplace?
- What does the outside of the chimney look like? Is brick, stone, block, covered in siding or a metal pipe?
- Are you having any problems with your system? Campfire smell or odor, animals or birds getting in, system smokes inside the home when you use it, or water leaks?
- Are you buying or selling your home?
This information allows us to explain what our technicians will do when they come to your home and what to expect during our inspection process.
*If you don’t know these answers, it’s okay! We can help you figure it out.
You may have noticed that we don’t have prices listed with our services. That is because pricing is decided on multiple factors including the number of flues, type of appliance, etc. We are not the cheapest, but our testimonials are proof that we make our clients happy. For more information on pricing before your appointment, give us a call!