The convenience of heating your home with a fireplace or furnace is a luxury we are fortunate to experience in today’s world, but this doesn’t mean these appliances cannot put you in danger at times. Having these appliances regularly inspected is vital when it comes to keeping your home safer and free from dangerous fumes like carbon monoxide.

What is carbon monoxide? It is a colorless, odorless gas that is known for causing countless illnesses and multiple deaths every single year. Your heating systems produce carbon monoxide when put to use, so making sure they can vent properly is a must! Learn more about this gas and how to prevent it.

Symptoms Of Exposure

man painting the chimney crownBecause carbon monoxide cannot be seen or smelled, it is important to stay educated on the common symptoms of exposure. Oftentimes, people experience flu-like illnesses when carbon monoxide is present in their living space. This could include nausea, headaches, fatigue, vomiting, and an upset stomach. You may also notice dizziness, confusion, and chest pain.

Stay alert and aware, as the symptoms you experience may be the only indication that carbon monoxide is leaking into your home. If you feel at all concerned, leave your home immediately and call in the proper authorities to assess the situation. You will also want to contact a doctor to evaluate your symptoms and ensure no further medical attention is necessary.

Install Detectors In Your Home Today

If you want to guarantee you are alerted at the first sign of trouble, then you will need to invest in carbon monoxide detectors and install them throughout your home. These devices offer a clear warning that dangerous gases are present, and they save thousands of lives every year. Just be sure to regularly check the batteries to ensure they are working well at all times! If your detector goes off, then go elsewhere until the cause of leak is found and addressed.

Schedule Your Inspection & Sweeping Today!

Looking for other ways to minimize your risk of exposure? Then, schedule an inspection with our team today. We can examine your wood-burning, oil-fueled, or gas appliance, and check for any blockages or build-up that may trigger issues. When clogs are present in your system, it cannot properly ventilate, which could easily cause carbon monoxide to enter your home.

Along with this, any damage in your system could be leaving pathways for fumes to escape into your living space. Cracks, holes, and other types of decay make your chimney, fireplace, and/or furnace unsafe for regular use and put your home at risk.

Don’t take any chances. Schedule an appointment with our team today, so that we can get you back to where you need to be. Our experts know the ins and outs of your fireplaces and appliances better than anyone, so give us a call now. We can’t wait to hear from you!