Are the dropping temperatures triggering your urge to warm your home with a cozy fire? When harsh winds are blowing and rain and snow start making an appearance, there’s no better place to be than in front of a crackling fireplace. We encourage our customer base to get things going as soon as they can, as long as they’ve ensured their system is safe and ready for use before doing so. If you’re looking to keep your system safer and functioning better this fall and winter, call on our team today. Customer service is our number one passion, and our sweeps are ready to get started!The Importance of Chimney Safety - Crofton MD - Clean Sweeps of AA

Preventing Carbon Monoxide Exposure

A big concern when it comes to operating your system as safely as possible is avoiding carbon monoxide exposure. We advise all homeowners to invest in carbon monoxide detectors, regardless of how good of shape their fireplace is in, just to ensure everyone inside of it can be alerted at the first sign of danger. Carbon monoxide is colorless and odorless, so noting its presence is next to impossible. These devices have saved countless lives over the years, and could wind up making all the difference for your family’s well-being. Don’t forget about your oil/gas boiler and your oil/gas furnace, if the chimney is blocked or the flue is deteriorated it also can be a risk for carbon monoxide leaks. Now, another surefire way to minimize the risk of carbon monoxide exposure to invest in regular chimney maintenance. Countless things from a clogged flue,cracks and gaps in the flue liner to creosote build-up can cause carbon monoxide to enter your home and affect the health of loved ones. We’ll take a thorough look at your system to ensure everything is in good condition and make sure that you don’t have excess build up or flue liner deficiencies that will wind up triggering problems. It’s an easy step to take, so give us a call now to get your inspection on the books!

Avoiding Chimney Fires

Another issue when it comes to avoiding maintenance is chimney fires. As we stated above, creosote accumulation can help trigger carbon monoxide leaks, but it is also well-known for causing chimney fires, too. It’s very flammable and the more you have, the higher your risk. Chimney fires aren’t something to mess around with… They damage your structure significantly, leaving your home in a very vulnerable position, and they aren’t always loud and obvious, either. All too often, homeowners don’t even realize a chimney fire has occurred in their chimney, meaning they continue to use it thinking everything is just fine. Unfortunately, they are subjecting themselves to a heightened possibility of house fires and leaks of potentially harmful flue gases, and their system will only continue to grow weaker throughout the process. If you’re ready to start your burning and home heating season, be sure to give us a call before doing so. The team here at Clean Sweep of Anne Arundel County are the ones to trust for your chimney and family, and we assure there isn’t a better-equipped crew! Gain peace of mind and keep your home and family safer. Call us in today!